You can change nickname on discord through the settings. Simply go to the #settings channel and click on ‘Edit Nickname’ at the bottom of the list that pops up. You can now edit your nickname to whatever you would like and click save changes at the bottom of the page to finalize your changes. If you don’t see the ‘Edit Nickname’ button simply type in /nick followed by your new nickname and hit enter, this will let you make your change without having to go through the steps above.
Steps to Change Nickname on Discord:
These are the following steps follow
Section 1: Log into Discord
It is possible to change your nickname in Discord by following these steps:
- Log into Discord and go to the Settings tab.
- Scroll down the page until you see the nickname field and click it.
- Type in your desired nickname, click save changes and then restart Discord (just for good measure).
- You can now log back in with your new name!
Step 2: Click your user icon at the top left corner
If you want to update your Discord username, you’ll need to first delete your current account and then create a new one. When deleting your account, make sure you have the right permissions on the server that you are leaving. This ensures that all of your messages can be archived and not lost. You can also click the gear button at the top left corner of the screen and select Remove from Server before deleting your account. Note that this option can not be available for all servers depending on how they are set up. Once you’re deleted your account,
follow the steps below:
1: Create an account with the desired name.
2: Make sure it has all of the necessary permissions in any relevant servers.
3: Now that you’ve made a new account with a different name, there’s no need to add friends or change settings again – just log out and log back into Discord with your old username so it can link to the new profile!
Section 3: Click Edit Profile
- Click Edit Profile at the bottom of your profile page.
- Scroll down and enter your new Discord username in the Nickname field.
- If you want to make this change public, check the box next to Make this nickname visible by default.
- Click Change Nickname at the bottom of your profile page.
Step 4: Under Account Settings, click Name and enter your new nickname.
If you want to change your Discord name, click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and go to Account Settings. Under Account Settings, click Name and enter your new nickname. Click OK when finished. When you’re done here, you’ll be back at your home screen with your new name visible in the top left.
Section 5: Click Save Changes
- Click the blue Save Changes button at the top of this page.
- On the Discord website, click your username in the upper-left corner of the screen and select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- At Settings, select Account from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Once you’re on Account settings, scroll down until you see Nickname.
- Click Change Nickname.
- Choose a new name for your nickname.
- Confirm that you want to change your name by clicking Change Nickname (again).
- You’ll then be taken back to Settings where your new username should now be listed.
- Select Done.
- Now head back over to the original chat window with your friends and log into Discord again.
- Once logged in, you’ll notice that your changed username is now appearing.
- All you have to do is start talking!
It is really easy to change a nickname in Discord. You just go into settings, find the nicknames tab and type a new name in the text box that pops up. Here are some important points to remember before you do this:
1) You can only have one Discord account with the same email address registered at a time.
2) Your previous username can release and made available for others.
3) You can’t use names that sound too much like other people’s usernames or violate any of our naming guidelines (like being profane).
4) If you want people to still see your old name as well as your new one, you’ll have them follow you again after changing it.
Read More: How to Remove Skilled Marketing from Chrome?