If you’ve forgotten your wifi password and need to retrieve it, there’s no need to panic. There are a few simple steps you can follow to find your wifi password on Android.
First, open the Settings app on your Android device and tap on the “Network & Internet” option. Next, select the “Wi-Fi” option from the list of available options. Once you’re in the Wi-Fi menu, tap on the name of the network from that you want to retrieve the password.
When you select the network, a pop-up window will appear with the network’s details. One of the pieces of information that will be displayed is the password for the network. Simply copy the password and you’ll be able to connect to the network.
We all have to use Wifi these days and that usually comes with logging in to the network, but what do you do if you don’t remember your password? And I don’t mean your original Wifi password, I mean the updated one that you changed it to after you first used it. That’s where this guide on how to find your Wifi password on Android comes in. It will show you how to find your current Wifi password so you can connect again the next time you need it, whether at work, at home, or while traveling out of town.
What is Wifi Password on Android?
A wifi password is a key that tells your device how to connect to a wireless network. It’s a string of letters and numbers that consists of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and other symbols. You can also call it an SSID or Service Set Identifier. It’s also called a WiFi name or wireless network ID. These are all just different names for the same thing.
The benefits of knowing your wifi password
Knowing your wifi password on android can be a huge help when you’re trying to connect your devices. All you need to do is look for WiFi in the settings and click it, then click WiFi networks. You’ll see a list of nearby WiFi networks with their names and passwords. If you know the name of your home network, just click it and enter your password. It’s not as hard as it seems!
How To Know The Password Of Any Wifi Connection
There are two ways you can get your WiFi password from your phone. One way is by using the Android menu, which is accessed by swiping down from the top of the screen with two fingers. The other way is by clicking on a notification that pops up when you are connected to a WiFi connection. If you don’t see the message then click on Settings and select Wi-Fi. Once there, tap on the network name at the top of the page and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Preferences. Click it and then look for a box that says Show password in it. When you find this box, simply uncheck it so the password doesn’t show up anymore.
It’s a good idea to write down your WiFi passwords for all devices just in case one of them ever stops working or gets lost or stolen. You should also change your WiFi passwords regularly because they become easier to hack over time.
Other Ways To Know The Wifi Password Of A Network
A great way to get the password for a wifi network is by looking at the router. If you’re still unsure, there are other ways to find out your wifi password.
1) Look around the house- Sometimes people will have the password or password and then they’ll fill it in as they go. This can be a good way if someone has been in and out of your house recently because it’s possible that they wrote it down somewhere.
2) Ask- If you can, ask somebody who lives in the house what their wifi password is. They might just tell you because they know it’s more convenient than telling you how to find out.
3) Have them come over They could also come over and type in the password so that you can see what they typed in.
4) Check your email settings- It might also be helpful to check your email settings, especially if someone set up an email account with this device already. One common mistake is when the person sets up two accounts (such as one for work purposes and one for personal). The person forgets which account has access to wifi so he/she does not change the password between them.
Find your saved Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone or iPad
Find the app in your list of apps and tap it. You’ll see the Wi-Fi passwords that you’ve saved in a section called Wi-Fi. If you don’t have any saved, tap Add Network at the bottom. Enter your network’s name (SSID) and password, then tap Join. To save this information, tap Done. If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network right now but want to disconnect later, go back to Settings > Airplane Mode > Off; this will cause your device to disconnect from all networks so no one can access them while you’re traveling. When you turn off airplane mode, your device will automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi.
How to view WiFi password on iPhone
It’s easy to find the Wi-Fi password for your iPhone when you know where it is. Just open up Settings and tap the name of your wireless network under the Wi-Fi heading. The password will be listed right there. If you don’t see the password, go to General > About > Wireless Connection > Security and then enter your passcode if prompted. Scroll down until you see WiFi Password next to Security Mode.
The other way to get the WiFi password is by tapping Settings followed by Wi-Fi in iOS 11. Swipe left until you reach the main Settings page; click Wi-Fi; scroll down until you can view a list of nearby networks that have saved passwords, and finally select your desired network from that list.
In iOS 12, Apple has added a new feature: If two or more people are near each other who want to share an Internet connection from their devices but do not want anyone else to access it, they can set up a personal hotspot with their phone and connect another device wirelessly via Bluetooth or over the USB cable.
Here’s how to find your WiFi password on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi and then tap Advanced Options.
- Look for the SSID (wireless network name) or password field, depending on the type of WiFi connection you’re using, and enter your username and password in their appropriate fields.
- Select Save if you want this information saved for future use, or simply forget the network if you do not want it saved, but remember that forgetting a network deletes its settings from your phone so that there is no chance of accidentally connecting to it in the future!
- Make sure that when you save a new wifi password, be sure to keep it safe by writing it down somewhere away from where someone could find it easily.
For read more: How to make Steam Downloads Faster?