How to send a private message on Facebook?
If you want to send a private message on Facebook, then you will have to find out who this friend is and then select the Message tab at the top of your friend’s profile page. Once you click Message, Facebook will show you some possible friends with that you can send the message, and all you have to do after that is type in your message, and then hit the Send button at the bottom of your screen. This may take some time to master if you are not familiar with Facebook, but it is not too tricky once you get the hang of it.
Steps to send a private message on Facebook
These are as follows:
Go to their profile
Click on Message
If you want to reply to or start a conversation with someone in your inbox, click the person’s name in the list. To start a conversation with someone not in your inbox, hover over their name and select New Conversation. If you’re looking for an older conversation, scroll down and select See All Conversations. Once you find the right one, click it. You’ll then see all of that person’s messages in chronological order. To reply or start another conversation, click Reply or New Message. For replies, type in what you want to say and hit enter on Facebook. For new conversations, type out the recipient’s name followed by a colon (for example, Name:), type out what you want to say, add a colon (for example, Name:) followed by your name at the end. Hit enter.
Type in your text
Now, all your reels will be hidden from everyone except you!
Press Send and wait for the reply.
- To send a private message on Facebook, open up the chat window by clicking the person’s name.
- Clicking the arrow next to their name will give you the option of either sending them a request or sending them an invitation.
- If you want to invite someone to chat with, type their name into the text box and select Invite.
- Type your message into the text box below and then click Send.
- You can also add emojis, photos, and videos before you send them.
- It might take a few seconds for this message to reach that person but they should see it at some point.