Learn how to split your screen on iPhone so you can use two apps at the same time. With a few taps, you can have two apps open side-by-side.
If you’re like most people, you probably spend a lot of time staring at your iPhone screen. But what if you could split that screen in half and use two apps at the same time?
Well, good news! It’s pretty easy to do. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be multitasking like a pro in no time.
How to Split Screen on iPhone
We all know how useful the split-screen feature can be on our iPhones. Whether we’re trying to get some work done or just want to be more efficient with our time, the split screen feature can come in handy. But did you know that there are two different ways to use a split screen on your iPhone?
- Open the app that you want to use in the split screen Feature.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap and hold on to the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select Apple TV from the list of available devices.
- Once your Apple TV is connected, swipe up from the bottom of the screen again to open the Control Center.
- Tap on the Screen Recording icon.
- Tap on Stop when you’re finished and then double-tap on the home button to return to your home screen.
- Open the first app that you want to use in split screen mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap and hold on to the Screen Mirroring icon until it expands (it should turn into a grid).
- Select your Apple TV from the list of available devices (if you don’t see your Apple TV, make sure that it’s turned on and within range).
How to use Split Screen on iPhone
Split screen is available on iPhone 8 Plus, 7 Plus, and 6s Plus running iOS 9 or later.
What you can do with split screen
With a split screen, you can use two apps side-by-side. This is helpful when you want to reference one app while using another, or when you want to keep an eye on multiple apps at the same time. For example, you could have Maps open on one side of the screen while typing an email on the other.
How to open two apps on a split screen
- Open one app. To do this, touch and hold its icon until it starts wiggling, then tap.
- Open a second app. To do this, touch and hold its icon until it starts wiggling, then tap.
- Drag the first app’s thumbnail over the second app’s thumbnail. A gray bar will appear between the two apps.
- Lift your finger off the screen when the bar appears between the applications that you want to use in the split screen review.
What are the Benefits of Split Screen on iPhone?
The benefits of a split screen on the iPhone are that it allows you to use two apps side-by-side, it lets you drag and drop content between apps, and it makes it easier to multitask.
How to make the most of Split Screen on iPhone
A split screen on iPhone can be extremely useful, whether you’re trying to get work done or just want to keep an eye on your favorite shows while you’re browsing the web. Here’s how to make the most of a split screen on your iPhone.
First, open the app that you want to use in split screen mode and long press on the toolbar at the bottom. A menu will pop up with the option to choose which app you’d like to use in split screen mode. Tap on the other app that you want to use and it will open up in a small window next to your first app.
You can adjust the size of each window by dragging the divider between them. If you want one of the apps to take up more space, just drag the divider over to that side. You can also exit the split-screen mode by tapping on the X in the top corner of one of the windows.
How to Troubleshoot Split Screen on iPhone
If you’re experiencing difficulties with the split screens on your iPhone, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
First, make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To check for updates, open the Settings app and tap General -> Software Update. If an update is available, install it.
If your iPhone is already updated, try restarting it. To do this, hold down the press power button until the “Slide to Power Off” slider appears. Slide it to the right to power off your device. Once it’s turned off, hold down the press power button again to turn it back on.
If restarting doesn’t solve the problem, try force quitting any apps that you have open in split screen mode. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the App Switcher. Then, swipe up on each app that you want to close.
If you’re still having trouble with split screen after taking these steps, contact Apple support for further assistance.
What to do if Split Screen on iPhone isn’t Working
If your iPhone doesn’t seem to be responding to the split screen gesture, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that you’re using a compatible iPhone model – a split screen is only available on the iPhone 6s or later. Next, check to see if your apps are up to date – the split screen may not work with older versions of certain apps. Finally, try restarting your iPhone – this can sometimes fix minor software glitches that may be causing the split screen gesture to fail.
How to Customize Split Screen on iPhone
The iPhone’s split screen feature allows you to use two applications at the same time. This can be useful when you want to reference one application while using another, or when you want to keep an eye on multiple applications at the same time.
To customize the split screen on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings application.
- Select “General.”
- Scroll down and select “Accessibility.”
- Scroll down and select “Guided Access.”
- Turn on (Allow) Guided Access by tapping the switch next to it.
- Tap “Settings” in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap “Split Screen.”
- Select the applications that you want to be able to use in split-screen mode. You can also choose to allow all applications to be used in split screen mode by tapping the switch next to “Allow All Apps.”
How to get the most out of Split Screen on iPhone
Since iOS 9, Apple has offered a split screen mode on the iPad. This feature allows you to have two apps open side-by-side, so you can work on them simultaneously.
The iPhone 6S Plus and 7 Plus offer a similar feature, but it works differently. Here’s how to get the most out of the split screen on your iPhone.
First, open the app that you want to have on the left side of the screen. Then, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Control Center. Tap on the button that looks like two rectangles stacked on top of each other. This will put your app into split-screen mode.
Now, tap on the app that you want to have on the right side of the screen. You can move the divider between the two apps to adjust how much space each one takes up. When you’re done, just tap on the button again to exit split screen mode.
Read More: How to Screenshot on Iphone 13?